Sunday 18 August 2013

I don't have anything for you.

A friend has spent a lot of time and money studying a new exciting psychotherapy.  He feels he has acquired an understanding that is useful and liberating.  We, his colleagues, are not 'in the know', and observe only the mysteries of this new science.

This gave me an insight into what it might be like for others when we have experiences that we think are essential, life defining and vital.  Somehow the belief is that others who do not share this experience are missing out; their lives are poorer.

For these others, they are left feeling excluded, perplexed and misunderstood. They are not convinced they need these experiences, these 'highs', or this meaning.

Rightly we all need to find our own way, and it is arrogant for me to feel my situation is superior to yours.

But just as a child wants to point out a new wonder they have discovered, I am of the opinion that that it is good to share our perspectives, insights and desires, even if they our only our own, and it is by sharing lives as friends we are both changed by this interconnection.

So I don't have anything for you, but I do hope you will share your thoughts, insights and discoveries, so we live life to the full.

No comments:

Post a Comment