Saturday 19 December 2015

2016- My Half Century Challenge

I remember the surprise amongst some rather malicious boys at school when I managed to avoid being hit by a flying cricket ball, and some faint respect when the same ball traveled in a vaguely controlled trajectory away from me.

I guess I've never had much expectation about staying 'in' for long, and so it's a nice surprise.

So how about....

Jumping out an aeroplane- Anyone interested?

I'm thinking about the very basic Tandem Skydive.  ah... see below.  I think that I am about 99kg.

Must start by loosing some weight. (From www.skydivelangar.co.uk)

You will NOT be accepted for:
If you weigh more than:
a Tandem Skydive
15 stones (95Kg)
the Basic Skydiving Course
16 stones (102Kg)
the Accelerated Freefall Course
16 stones (102Kg)
Your weight will be checked on the day of your course. If in doubt, please telephone us on 01949 860878 to discuss your needs before booking your course.

An idea to loose enough weight...

Walking 100 miles around Leicestershire.
Having cycled the route many times, I would like to walk it in 5 days

Day One.   Saddington to Launde Abbey (20 miles). - Stay at Launde Abbey.
Saddington is on a hill
Gumley during cricket season

Foxton 10-lock staircase

Cranoe church

Start -Saddington am
to Launde Abbey pm












Day Two   Launde Abbey to Mountsorrel (20 miles).  Pick up or bus

Gaddesby Church

Launde Abbey to Mountsorrel
Day Three Mountsorrel to Market Bosworth (20 miles). - Stay at Hotel/ B&B
Mountsorrel butter cross

Mountsorrel to Market Bosworth
The footpath goes by the reservoir- meters away from a deep hole.
Day Four   Market Bosworth to Claybrooke Magna (20 miles). Camp?
Tricky bit here

Route through a battle field

Market Harborough to Claybrooke Magna
Day Five   Claybrooke Magna to Saddington (20 miles).
It looked better before it was struck by
lightening in 1791

Considered the middle of England, High Cross is at the
crossing of Fosse way and Watling Street

Claybrooke Magna to Saddington
Picnic celebration.  I have spotted a church hall, all on it's own, in Oaks in Charnwood.  I think it would make the perfect place for a picnic- given we may need some cover.
Mount St Bernard Walk
Or what about my favourite walk?  http://parentsguidetopets.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/best-walk-in-leicestershire.html

That's it so far.

Of yes- and overseas traveling...
Najac to see Richard and Sally- possibly also le Tour de France, but not if Margaret can come as it's in term time.

Also Aachen- to visit the Cathedral.

Sound ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment