Monday 16 January 2017

Meetings

One of my close friends asked me whether I would like to be part of a mens breakfast.  This involves a sociable get together.  During the proceeding, a speaker gives a 'thought for the day', and there is some polite discussion about the points raised.  My friend noted that everyone attending would be aware of the deal, and nothing would be expected from non-believing members.

I love my friend, but I have a problem with this old trusted model.  Why does it make me feel uncomfortable|?

My thoughts:
1) Them and Us.  Perhaps it's me but I am more comfortable with the notion that we are all much closer to each other than we think.  I also feel that if I want someone to change, to share my beliefs, this risks placing an unhealthy pressure on the relationship that means we can't really be friends.  I'm not against change, and we all certainly have things about us that would benefit from it.  Perhaps its the thought that it's not me that needs to change that I am uncomfortable with.

2) Giving and Receiving.  I'm in a stage in my life when I have decided to get (not in a material sense.)  It is more blessed to give than to receive- but I am fed up with giving.  I want to get.   I interested in what these other people can give to me.

3) I've decided the best I can do in the morning is cycle, when it comes to other men.

1 comment:

  1. If you have a minute, I'd like to introduce you to my blog "Emily's Virtual Rocket". This is a serious newsblog with a special emphasis on transgender issues. Almost every day, the newsblog is updated, so you can read the very latest..

    I hope you find this interesting. Please paste the following:

    emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you wish to comment-

    thoreaugreen@gmail.com

    Emily Shorette

    ReplyDelete