Saturday 10 March 2018

Holy Mother

We cried at my birth, I vomited too,
As the sun arose I saw that the presence was you.

Light increases revealing how much you care, 
I'm beginning to see, now they've plaited my hair.

You have been our conductor, balancing safety and risks,
Orchestrating adventures while we perform various tricks.

I'm remembering my school jumper of which I was proud,
And also your exasperation hearing me read aloud!

Many friends were made because of your flexibility,
"Stick another potatoe in the the oven, no let's make it three"

Your most precious gift is providing a secure base,
With Dad at your side you'd win every three-leg'd race.

A mother, reliable, faithful, with whom it's fun to be,
Like the Holy Spirit I ponder, or would that be blasphemy?

No comments:

Post a Comment