Monday 19 August 2019

Edinburgh fringe- Any good?

Wining one liner
Olaf Falafel - I keep randomly calling out 'broccoli' and 'cauliflower'.  Do you think I might have florets?

Also
Richard Stott - Someone stole my antidepressants - Well, whoever they are, I hope their happy.

Milton Jones - What's driving Brexit.  From here it looks like it could be the Duke of Edinburgh.

Jake Lambert - A cowboy asked me to help him round up his 18 cows.  I suggested 20 would be an appropriate figure.

Ross Smith - A Thesauruses in a wonderful thing.  There is no other word for it.

Adele Cliff - I accidentally booked my self onto an escapology course and now I'm really struggling to get out of it.

Richard Pulsford - After six hours of basic semaphore training I found I was flagging.

Mark Simmons - "To be, or not to be a horse rider, that is equestrian."

Ivo Graham "I got an Eton- themed advent calendar.  The thing is- you have to get one of your dad's contacts to open the doors.


A man gets out of bed, goes downstairs and glances at his calendar. It says it says 7th July, the seventh day of the seventh month.

As he steps outside he notices Bus no.7 going by. He walks to a coffee shop and orders a coffee and a bite to eat and the bill comes to £7.77.

The man thinks "hmmmm... all these sevens... I think the universe is trying to tell me something."
So feeling that maybe this is his lucky day, the man cuts out early from work and goes to the race track.  He reads the racing schedule and sees that in the seventh race horse number 7 is called "Lucky Universe". The man can't believe it. He runs up to the betting agent and bets all his money on the horse.



The horse comes in seventh.


“I needed a password of eight characters, so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.” – Nick Helm

 “A man walked into the doctor’s. He said, ‘I’ve hurt my arm in several places.’ The doctor said, ‘Well avoid those places.'” – Tommy Cooper


When I was a kid I was made to walk the plank.  We couldn’t afford a dog.

“Money can’t buy you happiness? Well, check this out, I bought myself a Happy Meal.” 

A sandwich walks into a bar.  The barman says, get out- we don’t serve food in here.

“I was in my car driving back from work. A police officer pulled me over and knocked on my window. I said, ‘One minute I’m on the phone.'” – Alan Carr

“I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day, but I couldn’t find any.” – Tommy Cooper

“I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: ‘This could be interesting.” – Paddy Lennox




No comments:

Post a Comment