Wednesday 8 July 2020

On becoming an IT expert



What I have learned so far:

We are all like babies, born into a world that is already taking place.  It is like being given a grand piano without lessons.  We learn through experimentation.  Sometimes it works! And we are delighted.  Sometimes it sounds awful (especially our expletives.)  Like babies, there is no point fighting it; no one is listening and all expect us to get the hang of it.  Are you meeting your IT milestones?

As with all language, understanding key terms is very helpful in moving forward.  As with other languages there are dictionaries, and we should remember to use them.  One key term is 'browser'.  I have been getting no where for ages in the wrong browser.  I have sorted out now and am moving forward rapidly.

We are all like doctors.  So what might the problem be?  Is it software (the brain) or hardware (the body)?  The best doctors take advice from their colleagues.  They do not jump to conclusions quickly.  They are aware of their gut instinct and balance it with their head knowledge.  They are positive, but honest. 

If I can be bothered there is so much help out there.  There are helplines.  There are people who for a fee are willing to help.  How much do I want to be helped?  How bothered am I.

If I can type into the search box on youtube what my problem is, some kind soul in some part of the world will offer free advice.  If I don't understand them, I can move onto the next one. 

However you are, you deserve a certificate. (Make your own at https://certificatemagic.com/)


No comments:

Post a Comment