Sunday 12 April 2015

Easter Thoughts

I muse that 'fun' is the ingredient that needs to be in all relationships for them to be alive.  How alive are my relationships?

Is 'fun' the word I'm looking for?  I am searching about.  The word I want describes a sort of 'reciprocity' that offers a mutually rewarding interaction between parties.

I consider that this is even a necessary condition for my (notional) relationship with my pet fish.  If the fish does nothing for me, I get rid of the fish.  I put food out for the birds.  If the birds come at night and eat my food without me seeing them, do I continue to put food out?

Can I have a relationship with an inanimate object?  I child may have a teddy that may go everywhere with it.  Does this mean they have a relationship with the teddy?  Is it reciprocal?  Does the teddy communicate?

In all relationships there's communication.  Even 'no' communication is communication. (Waltzlawick 1972)

Can I have a living relationship with my dead father?  I love him dearly.  I remember his words and influence, but is this a reciprocal relationship?

Can I have a relationship with my Creator?  Will it be a real relationship if God is dead?

Can I have a reciprocal relationship with a living Jesus?

Will if be fun for us both? Will we both experience it as mutually joyful?

These are my Easter thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment