Monday 26 December 2016

Driving Home For Christmas

"Doreen, slow down, I can see a dancing light over there on the right. Do you think it could be a firefly?"
"Don't be ridiculous Derrick!  Fireflies in December, and on late Christmas evening."
"Ah it's disappeared.... Oh no, there it is again.  Well look at that.  It's a cyclist, must has gone off into the ditch.  Shall we see if we can help?"
"He's getting up.  looks like he's ok."
"What's this? Oh my goodness, such language! Calling me 'dippy lights'. There's no need for that.  I'll dippy his lights if I get my hands on him.  Speed up Doreen, that's just rude."
"Probably been drinking.  Can you get points on your licence if you're cycling?"
"Doreen, be charitable  - it is Christmas."
Shenzhen Traffic Police photo showing a man on a chair in the beam of car headlights with a police officer next to him
See BBC website for
the remedy provided by sympathetic Police Officers in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment