Thursday 2 February 2017

Joanna goes to York

My big day, taking my daughter to her university interview.  Gosh it's so stressful but luckily I had my Joanna with me to keep me calm.  Imagine how I felt when we got to the car park and there were no space at all!  I had to let her get out and go on by herself.  I came back at 4pm, and what a relief, she was fine and had had a good time.

What did I do to calm my nerves?  Well I took pictures.  Here are a few.

From 1967-  Central Hall, York University.  I noticed there are railing around the base to stop drunken students
from falling in the drink.

The far building is where the Drama department is located in this dream land for geese.

A dramatic building.

3 Floating pods. Perfect for CU

Heslington Hall- a 1855 Mock Elizabethan Mansion, with ground big enough to fit a university into. 
I like this design- very Danish (notice the yellow chimney pots.)



A drain pipe- It's what I'm looking for
in a University
I've promised not to mention, super confident, fag needing, hand shaking, 8 hours on a train Saul, so I won't.  At 4pm when Joanna was at last free, we nipped into the city centre to wonder round the Shambles of the city spared in the city war,

Pondering York



No comments:

Post a Comment