Wednesday 12 April 2017

Live like this

Eric- as celebrated by a some young french admirers on youtube
Elizabeth on a pedestal



Everyone's favorite spot
 We first met Eric when Ellie and Ian Bensted invited Margaret and me to stay in their newly acquired cottage in Arthog North Wales twenty years ago.  We have seen him every year since then, at least once.  Here is poem for his memory.

Live Like This
There's  a tap at the door, a poesy to present,
Each bloom thoughtfully chosen, a perfect moment.

After a warm greeting, delivered with characteristic flair,
We catch up on stories, a year's worth of 'adventure'.

"Your thoughts on my latest painting effort?"
I'm asked, as if I could offer anything of import.

With tea stained mug, we indulge in gentle repartee,
Where's safe to sit down? I feel the tease falls on me,

Sometimes driving to distraction, but with the significance of an angel,
'Twas only quite recently that we realised his reputation was international.

A day to remember


No comments:

Post a Comment