Monday 27 February 2023

Sixth Day of Lent - Dismissiveness

The cornerstone of St Vincent
De Paul RC Church, New Orleans,
Louisiana (Wikipedia)

 The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. Psalm 118:22

Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures? ‘The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord ’s doing, and it is wonderful to see.’ Matthew 21:42

"No. That's not what we we're thinking of.  What's the good of that?"

If I was inventing a religion I think I would give it a straightforward and simple creed. 

I think I would not be alone.  Modern people in Europe see this ancient creed as archaic.  It has become irrelevant.  Ancient churches, cathedrals, and strange beliefs.  These beliefs also appear to conflict with modern sensibilities.  It may well be that these beliefs have also become harmful and discriminatory.  

So when people come to know Jesus as a Saviour and friend, a minor miracle has taken place.

PRAYER: May I see you more clearly and love you more dearly today.



No comments:

Post a Comment