Sunday 26 February 2023

Fifth Day of Lent - Hatred

Hatred by Edvard Munch -
in the Munch Museum, Oslo

 
There are six, (or maybe seven) things your creator hates.

1) Puffed up pride

2) A tongue quick to lie

3) Disregard for the innocent

4) A heart that schemes up evil plots

5) The desire to be wicked

6) Bearing false witness

7) Someone who upsets their family deliberately. 

                                                                               Proverbs 6

Hatred is a tough word.  For most of us it is an unsavoury and dangerous emotion.  But are there things to hate?  What if I feel hatred in my heart?  What if I feel hatred towards my own child, my family?  Proverbs here tells us what to hate, and it's not people.  But we must also be aware of hidden hatred, that can not be spoken.  This include self-hatred.

PRAYER: I hate all that you hate Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment