Saturday 9 December 2023

10) Birthrite: Logos

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.  Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:1-5

Communication is central to life.  But in itself, it is just the messenger.  My thought is that all relationships need some transaction to keep them alive.  I water my Christmas-Cactus because I believe and know that it will flower, and for a moment I will marvel at these delicate flowers emerging from a rough waxy losange. If I had a goldfish, the deal would be that it swims around the bowl looking beautiful, and I will feed it, and keep it clean.  It's much harder to keep relationships/interaction going if there is very little back in return.  Is this not the miracle of Jesus life?  God gives.  What do we give back to keep this relationship alive?   Agape love is to give without counting the cost -to give in faith, trusting that it will be worthwhile.  How do I know that I am loved?

PRAYER: Your presence is the fire inside me.  Your words are my joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment