Saturday 23 December 2023

24) Birthrite: Alpha and Omega

Hostyn (Moravian Lourdes) = By Daniel Baránek

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

Jesus was at the beginning, the middle, and will be at the end.  Where is 'the middle' of time?  We do not know.  I am thinking of this as Jesus' life on earth.  It is extraordinary that anyone's life should be remembered in detail.  Jesus was born into a literate culture.  Pen and paper were to hand.  We have the account recorded by his friends.  We also have other accounts, such as the famous accounts by Josephus. There are other accounts that differ from the biblical account, such as that in the Koran.  

So what are we to believe?  For me, I say believe 'honestly'.  What really counts?  

1) We are not alone.  We have meaning and a destiny.  We have a Creator, just as we have human parents [Alpha].

2) Jesus, the Creators presence with us, has made possible a route into relationship with our Creator.  This is though forgiveness.  I am call this Mu, or 'M' for middle, (middle letter in Greek alphabet) which also means 'water' in Phoenician. We think of water as symbolic of baptism.  This is our 'marriage' commitment to our Creator, best carried out before witnesses.  [Mu]

2) The Creator has everything in hand.  We are not victims of human frailty, heading towards selfish oblivion.  Our Creator is with us to the end.  "I will never leave or forsake you, even to the end of time." Hebrews 13:5.   Jesus is our Omega, or the big 'O'; our friend to the very end. [Omega]

PRAYER: I trust you with my life.  Open my eyes to your truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment