Saturday 27 April 2019

After Concord Crashed

In the year two thousand Concord crashed,
With it, belief in modernity was dashed.

With the advent of digital radio, there is now no signal in my kitchen.
I listen via the internet.  The BBC makes me log in every time.
Five minutes later I have missed the headlines.

My smart meter stopped working. I have only just realised this after 4 years of estimated bills.
Meter readers only visit people who can not read a meter for themselves so our new energy company asked me to take a film of my attempt to read the meter and send it to them.

Our washing machine makes a terrible noise when the cycle ends.  It demands that we come and empty it.  There is no way of deactivating this noise, so the machine, a self indulgent child, wins every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment