Friday 6 December 2019

Sixth Day of Advent

Another walking thought.
As I walked back to my office from Beaumont Leys, following the circuitous route prescribed by the council to avoid roadworks near my office, I passed through Beaumont Leys Country Park.  The Western bypass, a mini motorway, passes nearby and the noise is deafening.   I noticed lots of birds in the trees and scurrying through bushes and was struck that despite the stress of modern life, these animals were doing well and seeming getting on well.   I thought that should take some inspiration from the birds.  I'll do well too despite the noise.

Thus with Greta Thonberg I say we need radical change to care for this world.  But like the birds, we can also live peacefully.
Route from my office to the NSPCC

No comments:

Post a Comment