Wednesday 14 September 2022

MARK - My Words (22)

 

Meanwhile Peter was loitering in the shadows of the large house.  A security guard saw him and said, “I recognise you.  You know this man don’t you?” 

“Me? I’m new to these parts.  Case of mistaken identity”, Peter said with a stiff grin.

The security guard spoke with others there, and they looked round at Peter. 

Peter looked back- “Not me- I have no idea who this guy is.”

Another person challenged Peter.  “Hey you! You’ve even got his accent.  We are convinced, you are one of his followers. 

Peter lost his cool and swore.  “Bloody get off my case.  You are doing my head in.”

Then the first rays of the morning sun appeared.  A cockerel crowed, and the blood drained from Peter’s face.  He bent over and wept.

No half measures when you follow Jesus.  In fact it is the worst place to be, half in and half out.  But would you want to be 'in' when it is as terrifying and brutal as it was that day.  Would I stand by if my family members were being attacked?  Would I watch them drown if they fell into the sea?  Sometimes you have no choice.  Our heart dictates that we are in....in up to our necks.

Count me in.  I want to have the courage to stand up for Jesus.  There is no crime in that, and yet for some, it does lead to death.  But like Jesus, though who follow Jesus cling on to his word, "I will never leave you or forsake you."


No comments:

Post a Comment