Thursday 3 May 2012

Day in the Life

What I noticed today, and recorded for posterity.



03.05.12 - Forrest Park Business Centre has seen better days.  I noticed that the forest is taking over the building.  I saw three trees growing on the roof of the building.


04.05.12 - Caught in traffic on the way to work, I saw this sign on the railway bridge.  It's the sort of work of art that is seen accidentally.




05.05.12 - I have been in this shop in the past, and soon realised that it serves a special function.  My request was greeted with confusion and embarrassment.  The shop exists simply to 'be a shop', rather than operate commercially.  I enjoyed the sign in the window which explains everything.


23.05.12  Today I noticed this remnant from a Victorian past.

What is it?  its the bracket that a gas lamp would have attached.  Most such features would have been removed, along with railings, to supply the war effort.

I like it's quirky obsolescence.









No comments:

Post a Comment