Tuesday 8 May 2012

Collected Cartoons


 A senior colleague at work once famously asserted that she would never work for an organisation that was 'institutionally racist'.  I drew this cartoon as a response.    


 'One' finds it difficult to gauge the power and influence of one's culture, in relation to others.  'One' tends to under value the impact it might have on others.  I see this also amongst professionals, who tend to under play the power of influence vested in their roles.


The culturally open person welcomes 'all' to the service, not recognising that  by virtue of being part of that service, they are no different from their colleagues, and represent a 'powerful' collective influence.

Apologies for the profane nature of this picture.  To me it represents the state apparatus, such as the service I work for.  I like the total bewilderment on 'Gods' face, that portraying a benign lack of understanding and awareness.



No comments:

Post a Comment