Sunday 12 April 2020

Romans Ten

I am deeply upset by the fate of my own people.
They are so religious but it's all misdirected zeal!
It appears that they refuse to believe the way described by the creator.
They cling to the idea that righteousness comes though obeying rules.
All who do believe however are made right and embrace the gift of life.

Again, these rules are correct, but we do not need to work out how to save ourselves.
It's so simple.  We believe in our hearts that Jesus lives in us,
and speak it out with our lips that we are his.
Just as in marriage- we are committed on the inside and display it outside.
This is true for all people across time.

But how can people know about this wonderful truth?
When people are sent to explain, this is a wonderful thing.
Good news for people ready to hear.
Not everyone will respond.  I know this only too well.

I am sure that my people have been told,
And so others have come and taken their places.
However I know the creator will never give up.
They will always find arms open wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment