Wednesday 17 February 2021

Lent Two "Get up and Walk"

 

Creation of Adam- Michelangelo-
Sistine Chapel, Vatican City

If God created us in his own image we have more than reciprocated.  
Voltaire, Le Sottisier, 18th Century

Feuerbach puts it more kindly.  The 'divine' is the way human consciousness  projects 'the greater good' onto a shared concept of purpose and meaning in life. The problem for me is that after you have met the person of Jesus, everything changes.  It is a bit like being married.  When you marry someone you start everything from the perspective of being married.  When you know Jesus, you see life from the perspective of knowing Jesus. 

Philippians 1: 20-26
I will never be ashamed of Jesus, and will always be bold to honour him. It doesn’t worry me whether I live or die. I don’t even know which is better; but I know I still have a function, to encourage you and help you grow. And when I see you again we will be so full of joy because we see what Jesus is doing through this relationship.  The most important thing is to live as if we are already in heaven. Have no fear for the people who oppose you. They will see that Jesus succeeds, for we even count suffering for him as a privilege.

PRAYER: I desire to see out of my own eyes and see the world from your perspective.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment