Sunday 28 February 2021

Lent Eleven "Get up and Walk"


Norham Castle at Sunrise - J Turner - Tate Britain

He was like a cock who thought the sun had risen to hear him crow.                                                   Adam Bede Chapter 33. G Eliot.

There was a very primitive cartoon that my father used to show to the boy's camp he ran every summer for years.  It was called number one, about a man who could only see others as blobs.  Number two was his wife.  As he was convinced of his selfishness, he began to see others about him.  This was the revelation.

Revelation Chapter Two

Addressed to the Angel, the messenger and guard, of the church in Ephesus.

 “I know everything you do. I see your hard work, your patient endurance. I am delighted that you do not tolerate evil, and discern what is true, and what is distortion. You have never contemplated giving up. Bravo. My complaint however, is that you have forgotten your original joy. This is essential. A relationship requires this intimacy, and shared expression of life. The fact that you hate evil practices makes me believe you will rekindle your love. Remember, we live from the perspective of eternity. Everyone who is victorious will receive the joy of life eternal.” 

PRAYER:  I desire my first joy.  The love that was overwhelming.  That changed me forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment