Monday 7 March 2022

Brier Tuesday - Lent 6


Sleeping Beauty - By Edward Burne-Jones
Faringdon Collection
“If my land cries out against me, And its furrows weep together;
If I have eaten its fruit without money, Or have caused its owners to lose their lives,
Let briars grow instead of wheat, And stinkweed instead of barley.”
The words of Job are ended.
Job 31:38-40
Briers have a bad press.  Their thorns overshadow the simple rose displayed in Summer.   How many unattractive characteristics in people colour the way we see them.  Perhaps we do not see their blooms?  I think of Tony Blair who's legacy should have been 'Sure Start children Centres', but will for every be linked to lying about Iraqi weapons.

PRAYER:  Let your light shine from me so strongly that you are visible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment