Friday 25 March 2022

Song Saturday - Lent 22

 

Song of Songs (11) by Egon Tschirch Rostock 
“Again, your kisses are sweeter than wine. I am breathing you in. Your name spreads like a fragrance. No wonder everyone is in love with you. Take my hand. Let’s run, and we find ourselves in your bedroom.”
Egon Tschirch 1889-1948 was a German from the northern Hanseatic League city of Rostock.  He spent much time creating a series of 19 illustrations to go with the Jewish love poetry found in the Song of Songs.  Sadly his reputation was sullied by his early devotion to the cause of the Nazis.  After the war he did not have long to live, and much of his work was lost for 90 years, only to be rediscovered in 2015.  The series on the Song of Songs is particularly powerful I think.

PRAYER:  I simply love you my Lord, and everything I do remembers this.

No comments:

Post a Comment