Sunday 6 March 2022

Holly Monday - Lent 5

 

By Elizabeth Gower - Sutton Gallery

But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

Psalm 9:18

John Lewis-Stempel, in his book 'The Wood', discusses that through hard winter months in the wood, when nothing grows much, it was traditional to lop the tops of holly bushes and feed the softer, less prickly leaves to the cattle.  I was reminded of  our rabbits when they were little.  I tried to train them not to urinate in their living quarters using this natural barbed wire.  I was surprised to see the holly had vanished.  Even rabbits know how to negotiate prickles from a early age.

Hope can be found in the most unexpected places.

PRAYER: I trust you today and know that you will meet all of my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment