Friday 4 March 2022

Sand Saturday - Lent 4

Artist - Marc Treanor (on CNN website).

The line in the sand is final. There is no going back.

Eternality has been planted in our hearts.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 3

Sand- inconstant, shifting.  But here is where a line is drawn.  This might mean 'enough is enough', 'I take a stand', 'I act now'.

Change can be very gradual, like a slow erosion, almost imperceptible.  The outsider, the guest, the foreigner, often helps us to see more clearly, to detect change that undermines, disempowers or corrodes.

My German friend alerted me to how week by week, newspapers always seem to have a story about the war, a time when Britain was 'great', and we experienced triumph.  This is generally at the expense of Germany. But he knows that's the deal.

With my eye fixed on all that really matters, the hope of a returning creator, carer and Lord, I am able to avoid deviations from this path.  

PRAYER:  I set my eyes on you this day, and you alone help me see everything about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment