Monday 1 March 2021

Lent Twelve "Get up and Walk"

 

New Life by Danielle Planting

Teach me my God and King,

In all things Thee to see,

And what I do in any thing

To do it as for thee.                   The Elixir. - George Herbert.

Just as wise people have noted that the more they know, the more they know they do not know, I am learning how much there is to know about the ways of the Creator.

It's like climbing a mountain, reaching a summit, and realising that you are still in the foot hills.  But from the rise I have reached, the view is stunning.


Paul's letter to the Church in Phillipi Chapter Three

Rejoice in Jesus in all things. This is my main message. 

Watch out for people who want to take the shine off your joy. 

We honour the Creator by our spirit. It is what is in our hearts that really counts. I can tell you this because I devoted most of my life to trying to live correctly by my own strength. It’s hard work, and it counts for little. I now realise that I am made acceptable to the Creator through my relationship with Jesus. All that effort to remain pure through my own diligence is now like filthy rags! I discarded everything I once thought essential just to be able to see Jesus more clearly. I am only interested in Him, and the power that raised him from the dead. 

I share in his life, including his suffering and death, so that I too will be with him. I have not achieved perfection, of course not. But I know that the closer I get to Jesus, the more I will be see from his perspective, and see the Creator’s plan. It’s like a race with a great prize in store. It is worth pressing on to the finish line. Everyone who has wisdom agrees with what I am saying. You can disagree on other points but this truth is central. Why not follow my lead? With tears in my eyes I have seen how some of you have got it so wrong. If you are a citizen of heaven, you keep your eyes on Jesus and serve only one master. Jesus will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into bodies like his own. 

PRAYER: May the light of your presence illuminate all I think, feel and do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment