Tuesday 13 February 2024

Lent- Ash Wednesday

Light through Trees by Cedar Lee
(artbycedar.con)

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you!"  Isaiah 60 verse 1

In our world most light comes from the sun.  In the bleakest 'god forsaken' place, the rays of sunlight in the morning are inspirational.  They come from another world.  The rising of the sun is something we take for granted.  If it did not happen, that would be the end of the world as we know it.  Even in the arctic winter, the sun is just round the corner.  It will return.  

For us God's love is the same.  It is new every morning.  It is independent of our bleakest situation.  It remains reliable, consistent and life giving.  

Question:  What informs me today that my Creator loves me?  How do I reciprocate?
Prayer: I feel the warmth of your presence.  I know you are near.

No comments:

Post a Comment