Tuesday 20 February 2024

Lent - Day Seven

Evening Flock by Debbie Boon - The Rose Gallery
All Kedar’s flocks will be gathered to you, the rams of Nebaioth will serve you; they will be accepted as offerings on my altar, and I will adorn my glorious temple. Isaiah 60 verse 7

Nebaioth and Kedar (Bedouin) are the elder sons of Ishmael.  This is a striking prophecy indicating  that all the peoples of the Holyland are included in the blessing being described.  They will be forgiven (symbolised by the acceptability of their rams) just as we are.  This will be a miracle and a triumph.  

Sadly this blessing feels a long way off at the moment.

Question:  Can I see all people equally blessed just as I am?

Prayer:  We pray for the peace of Jerusalem (using a broad definition).

No comments:

Post a Comment