Tuesday 27 February 2024

Lent- Day Thirteen

Pilgrimage to the Cedars of Lebanon by 
Tivadar Csontvary Kosztka 
Hungarian  National Gallery
 “The glory of Lebanon will come to you, the juniper, the fir and the cypress together, to adorn my sanctuary; and I will glorify the place for my feet." Isaiah 60 verse 13

I recently made a hardwood bowl, as part of a team building exercise at work.  I was fascinated by the the experience of  cutting and forming the wood.  Like a pot that is fired in an oven, the wood, when polished, reveals it's secrets.  The same thing happens when stone is polished.

Wood and stone are very challenging to work with, but they also are very satisfying.  The temple to the Lord is made from beautiful wood which is fragrant.  Moving it across the countryside from Lebanon is a major undertaking.  The effort put in makes the final achievement worthwhile.  Similarly a certificate of merit and achievement is only of value if it was a challenge to acquire in the first place.  

Question:  Do we give our all to glorify our Creator?

Prayer:  You see everything I do, and may I always give you honour.


No comments:

Post a Comment