Monday 14 December 2020

Advent Fifteen

For No Reason

“Look, if you follow me you are likely to bump into a lot of people who are traveling in the opposite direction, and they are not going to like it!  That's what happened to me, so don't be surprised.  The worker follows what his/her boss says, so don't take it personally.  If others travel with you, then they are following me also, though they may not realise it.  Those who know me should know how serious this is.  They know that this is part of the creator's design.  Now choosing not to follow when you have seen wonders, that's unforgivable. It's sad, but we were warned, ‘They hated me for no reason’*.  Remember, my presence is going to be in you, so the way of truth will be clear.  Your actions will reveal my presence.”

*Quote from the book of Psalms chapter 35, verse 19.  Repeated in chapter 69, verse 4 (The Bible)

Jesus uses pictures to help us see where our 

life source comes from

Why live?  What is the purpose?  May people have concluded that this question takes you off on a fruitless circle.  Some will say ‘it’s the age old question.  There is no purpose.’  What is the purpose for the vine?  We are designed to produce fruit, and do it naturally.  There is a joy and delight in picking fruit, in pulling up the vegetables you have grown.  It’s the same in our lives when good things happen.  When we are grafted onto the vine that provides the sap of Jesus’ life, we will produce fruit.  Let me stay connected to the vine.

PRAYER – You are the vine, and we are the branches.  I receive your nourishment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment