Tuesday 15 December 2020

Advent Sixteen

Hai Cyclamens by Moshe Gershuni
The Isael Museum Project Behold the Man.

 The Advocate

“I have to be honest, and warn you.

To follow me is to expect a hard life.  People will kick you out of the mainstream. 

Some will think they are doing the right thing if they kill you…” 

 “…Now you are looking upset…”

 “…Remember what I said.  I have to go in order that you can have 'the Advocate'.  With my presence in you, this wrong will not win.  Many can't believe that righteousness will prevail.  But I'm telling you, it will.  Justice will be done…” 

 “…I could say so much more, but no need, because when you receive my presence, the adventure will continue.  You will discover so much more, and it will all be direct from the creator…”

 “…The creator, my life now, and the advocate, (my presence in your life), all perfectly match.  We are the same.”  

 

This is where Jesus says that when he leaves them, 

he will never leave them

I heard of a person who cautioned people about following Jesus.  “It will be a hard life.  It’s not easy; it’s challenging.  Think hard before you do anything.”  But we read he was quoting Jesus himself.  Many people will oppose you.  In some countries death is a real prospect.  In others it will be discrimination.  Followers of Jesus have a list of priorities, and although staying alive is high up there, it’s not at the top. 

What we are offered is the gift that goes with choosing to be a follower.  It’s like a job that comes with a car.  This is more than a car; it’s the presence of the boss with us, sharing the load all the time. 


PRAYER – Thank you for giving me the strength to live as you lived, even to the point of losing my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment