Wednesday 16 December 2020

Advent Seventeen

Black Boy Joy by Kadir Nelson

Comes With Joy

"Ok, I'll spell it out again.  I'm warning you that soon I will leave you, and it will be awful.  You will be devastated (though others may be pleased).  However, I will return in joy…"

 "…It's going to be like when a mother gives birth.  She knows the process will be extremely painful, but it will be worthwhile, because the baby comes with joy…

 "…When I come back from the Creator, you will have all you need, and the joy will take this present suffering away…"

 "…Then you will ask in my name; but there will be no need, because you will ask the creator directly.  It will be the same thing.  I am simply going back to my origin with the creator…"

 "We are slowly getting it", reassured Jesus’ friends. "You and the Creator are one."

 "Yes, you are believing me. Look, soon you are all going to be dispersed, and you will leave me alone.  But I won't be alone, because I am one with the Creator."

 "I'm telling you this to prepare you, so that it won't come as a shock, and trouble you. Be encouraged.  All things are to be set right.”

Where Jesus continues to explain how challenging

 life will be, but this has always been the plan

It is argued that from day one in the stories recorded in the bible, when things started to contaminate and corrode the precious relationship between the Creator and humanity, a plan was set in motion to bring resolution.  The answer was going to come from within humanity itself, what the bible calls ‘a second Adam’.  In many cultures Adam is described as the first man.  Why not a woman?  One reason might be that Jesus came as a man.  Gender is clearly immaterial because Jesus lived a life that did not fit with male stereotypes.  He was not ‘powerful’ and did not have a job or house.  He had no family, and was very vulnerable.  Throughout the bible story there are stories where the line of Jesus is nearly stamped out.  It’s a fragile existence, and we read how close Jesus was to being murders even before the cross.  Jesus talks to the Creator.  Jesus is discussing the fruition of the great plan to ‘restore the balance in the Universe’.  This is power though the bonds of love.  Just like a baby and its mother.  This vital link that keeps us alive is being restored.

PRAYER – I have the ability to live as we did in the Garden of Eden (Story of Creation).  Let me live it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment