Wednesday 15 December 2021

Day Sixteen - Contentment

 

Walking (1958) by Charles Alston
Smithsonian National Museum of
African American History and Culture, Washington DC.
Be content.  It's a challenge when discrimination and inequality surround us.  But being content is not about closing eyes to injustice.  Inner contentment comes from security; from feeling safe.  

The greatest gift is a secure and happy home in which to be born, and grow.  Pregnancy, birth, the first three months, six months, year, three years, five years.  These are the invisible foundation on which we stand.

Am I content with my abilities, my body, my family, my friends, my community?  Paul tells us a lot about living in contentment; like here in Hebrews chapter 12.  

Being surrounded by those with the same vision,

I’m spurred on to lighten my load of anything that would hold me back.

I am running this endurance race

with my eyes firmly fixed on Jesus, confident that we will finish in style.

Jesus knew that enduring suffering would be only for a while, and that a great prize awaited him.
The Creator’s love for us is that of a parent, who knows what is good for us.
‘Tough love’ is a sign that we truly matter to our maker.
We would question our worth without it.

Discipline is often not pleasant, but it is necessary to bring about the fruits of peace.

So rally yourselves with tired hands and weak knees,
Follow the straight path to Jesus and become strong.
We want to live in goodness and peace with everyone.
This is the way we are designed to live.
Anything else leads to destruction!
Look out and care for each other.

Be careful not to allow the poison of bitterness damage what you have.

PRAYER: I live by you, and in you and through you - the only sure foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment