Monday 13 December 2021

Day Fourteen - Embarrassment

 

Embarrassment
By Nora Block
Saatchi Art
Embarrassment; the lighter form of shame. How much to I hold back because I fear making a fool of myself?  I guess I don't and proceed to do so.  But how much does it really matter? The essence, or ethos of intention is the key.  

Here is a message from Jesus as recorded by John.

"Look, if you follow me you are likely to bump into a lot of people who are traveling in the opposite direction, and they are not going to like it! That's what happened to me, so don't be surprised. The worker follows what his/her boss says, so don't take it personally. If others travel with you, then they are following me also, though they may not realise it.

Those who know me should know how serious this is. They know that this is part of the creator's design. Now choosing not to follow when you have seen wonders; that's unforgivable. It's sad, but we were warned, 'They hated me for no reason*'.

Remember, my presence is going to be in you, so the way of truth will be clear. Your actions will reveal my presence."
*Quote from the book of Psalms chapter 35, verse 19. Repeated in chapter 69, verse 4 of Psalms

PRAYER: What does it matter to embarrass myself when I genuinely want to please you?  Please guard me and help my intentions give honour to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment