Monday 16 March 2020

Meet My Big Brother

My brother, now he is something else!
You would think that he should be the responsible one,
the one to care for the old folks.
No- he's the one who lives off hospitality,
and wanders around the dessert sleeping rough.

Anyway, he's been staying over. 
Great to have him about; he always lends a hand.
With his posse, he's been out doing good as usual.
They are always up to something sensational... 
I do look up to him; a genuinely good guy.

I was telling him that this year he should go to 'The Festival'. 
It's really big- over in Jerusalem.
Masses of people there. 
It would be great if he could get the audience he deserves.

But no. He says the honchos don't like him.  Got it in for him.
I don't see it myself.  My brother?  Wouldn't hurt a sparrow.

Well, the rest of us are going. 
A bit of a nostalgia-fest I know, but all the cool people will be there.

Turns out he did go.  I thought he wouldn't be able to resist it. 
Some of my mates saw him on one of the side stages.
Yes, and he did pull in the crowds. 
Most people think he's really great. 
He gets straight to the point.  Says the stuff that really counts. 
He hates hypocrisy, and our society is full of it. 
What he says really needs to be said, and he's the one with the guts.

I guess that's what gets on their wick; the honchos. 
They have us all pretty much tied round their little fingers. 
Best to play ball...but my older brother? 
No way- he won't dance to their tune. 
He says his Father is the one he is loyal to. 
Now we share fathers... I think, but I know he is talking about the Creator, not Dad. 
I get it, but those dunder-heads don't.

By the end of the festival, big bro is 'main staging'. 
He's really on a roll saying stuff like -
  "Come to me, anyone who is thirsty, and I will give you rivers of living water that will flow from you to all people."

That's just fantastic isn't it?  I like it. 
But our leaders think he is putting himself above the Creator.
 They think he has to be stopped pretty quick, and they're mean.

Bro was luck to get out of that one in time.
My mate says he thinks I'm related to The Messiah!
Wow I say- "do you know our family and where we were dredged up?"
Not Galilee.  It's a dump.

John chapter 7 - The Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment