Tuesday 17 March 2020

Where is your Father?

Who is this 'Shibilis'?
(A tiresome purveyor of scaramuccia.)

"I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Yes, heard it before.
On what authority does he speak?
What makes him think that this cryptic gibberish will please anyone?
What's so bad about darkness?  It's a part of life, part of the real world.

"I speak with the authority given by my father;" so you say.
Your father... king of the Gypsies?

You say you were there before our 'ancient and sacred' law was written.
You say, 'with your father'.
You say that you are not here to pass judgement on us.
Why thank you very much, as your father is your witness...

"Where is your Father?"

(Who are you anyway?)

(and why do I not expect a straight answer?)

"Soon, I'll be gone.  I'm going were you cannot go."

(Mercy me, at last, good news - he'll top himself.)

"When the body is lifted up, the scales will fall.
All will know that I speak with complete authority.
Then what I am saying will make sense.
My priority is to please my Father, 
We work together."

"Watch now guys - don't be taken in."

"Easy does it."

With credit to John Chapter 8 verse 12 (The Bible)


No comments:

Post a Comment