Tuesday 24 March 2020

Love each other

Judas nipped out to the cash point, and Jesus called us about him.

He held both hands together but slightly apart.  "As the servant is made great", (shaking his left hand) "so the Creator is magnified" (shaking the right).  "The two reflect on each other as one", (and his hands came together as he lifted them upwards).

"It's really is not going to be long now; you heard me mention this to the tough guys.  Where I'm going you just can't come."

"So, if you forget everything else, remember this.  Love each other is the same way that I have loved you.  Remember what I have done, and do it again.  In this way people will see that no matter what happens, I am still leading you."

Peter looked Jesus quizzically in the eye. "Spit it out, where are you going?"

"Peter- I'm telling the truth; you can't come.  Not yet that is, but you will come later."

Peter retorted "you try and stop me.  I'm sorry, I'm coming even if it kills me."

Then Jesus look sad, and his eyes dropped.  "It will kill you", he said, "but before midnight strikes you will have said you never knew me."

From John Chapter 13 verses 31 to the end.  The Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment