Sunday 15 March 2020

Feast and Fast

All these people!  This has become a phenomenon.
They can't get enough of him.
Taken time off, trapesing across the country.
Is he that good?

Now he wants them all to be looked after.
They're getting hungry.
Isn't it obvious this was going to happen?
And we're going without all the time.

Let's do a whip round.
Typical - nothing - totally unprepared.
Kind kid- What would his mum say?
Well done Andrew.

Here have some, but don't be greedy.
It's got to go round 5000.
I should really be back at work; not party to this fiasco.

He looks up to heaven; says the grace.
"Thank you God to the lucky winner of some kid's lunch."

What's this? Hand it out.  Sure- nothing to do with me mate.
A bit more?  Bigger lunch than I thought.
Hey you, give us a hand, this isn't finished.

Umm, quite tasty- That's a great bread 'n' fish sandwich.
Anyone for more?  Yes no problem, Here pass it on,
Plenty where it came from.
You! No need to grab.  I'll serve you last!

Do you mind if I borrow your basket?
You'll get it back for sure, with interest.
Vegetarian?! Just fling the fish to the cats!

I'm a bit uneasy about this.
This lot are going to want more and more.
I know what 'He' will be saying;
'Food's one thing, but it's not enough.
It's spiritual food you're craving.
This stuff 'll fill you up for a day.
You need manna that will sort you out for eternity.'

I'm going to suggest next time,
let's be a bit harsh.
A little nibble and a small sip-
That's you limit.

John 1 Chapter 6 - The Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment