Tuesday 24 March 2020

No Shit!

"Put those down this instant!"

"Now stop protesting.  You've had a hard day, I can see you're stressed.  We keep hearing that you're leaving us; that this is going to be our last get together.  So come and  relax, we're celebrating."

He'd managed to slip out and begun the disgusting task of cleaning the dog shit off our shoes. 

"I wasn't going to be able to stop him.  I know he loves us all, and this is the way he shows it, but he said it was much more than that.  'The dirt he's cleaning is on the inside; that if I didn't let him clean me up, we couldn't actually be friends'.  "Right" I said, "I'm stripping."  He laughed,  no, not so extreme.  He's come to clean up the shit we get ourselves into.  Actions speak louder than words.  We had to let him finish what he had started.

When he was done he made the point.  Here's the message.  He's been our guide, our mentor.  But the students are not greater than their teacher, and the ones delivering the message are not greater than the message giver.  So we too should serve others.  Copy him.  It's the way to be.

From John chapter 13 the bible.






No comments:

Post a Comment