Sunday 8 March 2020

Borrowed thoughts in Lent

Referencing  John 1. 1-13

Truly indescribable- in fact, I'm lost for words,
Complex from the beginning, as mumerating birds.
Omnipresent coexistent, appears in human frame,
I am charged to go before, this mystery to explain.

Of existence, all that's stable, true and upright,
Joy, energy, wisdom, come together to ignite.
But many see right through this, as if it were not there,
It's not what they expected, not what they hoped to dare.

Those that even dimly see, and will to cast their crown,
Will never be the same again, their world turned upside down.
Aware that i'm unworthy 'en his shoes to unlace,
Tearing up the form book, He reaches to embrace.

It's as if the queen comes knocking saying "let me in, make haste,
I want to get to know you, 'Lord' it's good to see and taste."
Heart beating fast, descending stairs I leave my attic view,
Choose to be adopted royal, but why? Simply "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment