Saturday 21 March 2020

Fiesta Time

"Nip down into town to see Zac*.  He'll have a car waiting for you.  If he asks what I need it for, just it's for my work, he'll understand."

I see Zac's legs sticking out from under a car.  "For his Lordship eh?" says Zac, smiling.  I've got just the thing.  Never been driven before.  A little cutie."  He directs me to a Mitsubishi Colt convertible.  "That will get eye's turning."  I reach for my wallet - "No, on the house.  My bit for the kingdom."

"You're not coming?"  I ask. "You'll be all alone."  Zac shrugs.  "The traffic will be terrible."

This is the biggest ever occasion in the calendar.  Everyone is on the move.  The roads are choker, 

We join the melee.  As the other drivers notice who is in the car behind  the atmosphere changes.  There is cheering, and whooping.  Those with flags get them out of the windows and semaphore the message.  Teenage girls, stand up through sun roofs, waving arms, hair streaming out like banners.

Jay is shining, It's his big day.  An opportunity for people to show their appreciation and love for a guy who has done so much for this place.  Cars honk their horns and pull back to let our car glide through.  "You've saved us", I hear shouted out as we pass by, "Hallelujah!"

We head on into the heart of the city.  Right under 'their' noses.   Jay is protected by the people who love him.  And 'they' can do nothing.  What a day.

* Zechariah 9:9 Do not be afraid daughter Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt.

From John chapter 12 verse 12 The bible
Mitsubishi Colt convertible

Ready for the fiesta

Traffic getting into Jerusalem

No comments:

Post a Comment