Friday 22 March 2024

Lent - Day Thirty Four

Credit : Smithsonian Magazine

 For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her vindication shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch. Isaiah 62 verse 1

Sensitive soul that I am, i do not like to push my views and beliefs onto others.  I am of the opinion that it is as sensible to persuade someone into the kingdom of heaven, as it is to hold a gun to their head.  

But I also believe that it is never right to keep silent.  Stick up for what right. To stay silent is to be complicit.  Racism and injustice thrive in a climate of fear and timidity.  I speak up for those I love and care about.  I wish to be like a flaming torch, burning through the night.

Question: Where do these beams of light penetrate?  

Prayer:  As I look to you, point to where the light of your presence should fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment