Sunday 24 March 2024

Lent - Thirty Five

Slade Crown by Dane Shue Art
Credit: daneshueart.com

"The nations will see your vindication, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.  You will be a crown of splendour in the Lord’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God." Isaiah 62 verses 2-3

These are verses for the downtrodden, the oppressed and the forgotten.  Who are these people today?  They could be travelers in the UK.  Roma on the continent.  The non-violent Palestinians in Gaza, Kurds without the prospect of a homeland.  There are a multitude of people who have been oppressed from the beginning to time, surviving on the edge.  

Here it is the people of Israel who will be redeemed.  They will be the crowning beauty of there Creator.  And we are invited to be part of this.  I was given a name before I was truly conscious.  In our society the parent given the name.  Here the Creator will bless us with a name which we will treasure.

Question: What is my new name?

Prayer: I hold onto the hope you have put within me.  May I be a worthy diadem.

No comments:

Post a Comment