Wednesday 20 March 2024

Lent - Day Thirty Two

Credit: croftmill.co.uk
"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Isaiah 61 verse 10

All across the globe we find that people use their attire to signify status, wealth and authority.  The bridegroom and the bride  take pride in what they wear.  It shows the significance of what they are doing.  In the same way the poor often cannot afford fashionable labels.  Their clothes are faded and patched up.  

Our Creator gives us clothes, just as in the creation story, Adam and Eve were helped by God to cover their shame.  The bridegroom is given status (but remember, only as a senior servant), and the bride is given beauty and wealth. 

Question: What do I think about these clothes I have been given?
Prayer:  I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God.



No comments:

Post a Comment