Monday 18 March 2024

Lent - Thirtieth Day

The Israelites and the Ark of the Covenant
credit: finartamerica.com

“For I, the Lord, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing. In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them."  Isaiah 61 verse 8

It is a wonderful thing when justice is served.  But it is also a complete waste.  If people loved God, they could do as they pleased, and justice would be preserved. (to paraphrase St Augustine rather crudely). 

The same is true in any good (or Godly) relationship.  No need for justice, because we live by grace. This is the relationship we have with our Creator.  The faithfulness we experience gives us complete security.  We do not have a glimmer of doubt, even when evidence may come to contradict.  Our saviour will never let us down.  

Question: Do I know deep within me that I am loved by my Creator forever?

Prayer: Thank you for the secure, pure, perfect love that is mine forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment