Tuesday 19 March 2024

Lent - Day Thirty One

Section from Descendants III,
Paheli|Sapinda, Paragongallary.co.uk
"Their descendants will be known among the nations and their offspring among the peoples. All who see them will acknowledge that they are a people the Lord has blessed.” Isaiah 61 verse 20

We all want to be on the winning team.  "God is on our side."  Let us avoid this.  It's very deceptive, and fits with an arrogant assumption that although I know that what I believe is not perfect, it probably more balanced, and better than anyone else's position.  

So why do I follow Jesus?  I know that by staying close to the Creator of all things, visible and invisible, I am certainly blessed.  This relationship is extraordinary, and once you have discovered the way back to your Creator, you can really never give it up.

Question: Am I aware of what it would be like not to receive this blessing?

Prayer: Thank you for the blessings you give me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment