Wednesday 6 March 2024

Lent - The Twentieth Day

I think Niall McCarthy (eastcorkpainter.com)
has created a painting that actually makes you squint.

 "Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end." Isaiah 60 verse 20

This sounds like a repeat of yesterday's verse. But we have moved on to the new Sun and moon.  The presence of the Creator with us will be our constant.  It is right now, but the waning does continue to occur this side of heaven.  The creators presence is with us, but there is also swirling fog, and many impediments to experiencing the full glory. We are looking forward to a time when there will be perfect clarity.

Question: Am I ok with the idea of change?  Am I ready for a new heaven and a new earth?

Prayer: I commit myself to you today, and for ever more.


No comments:

Post a Comment