Sunday 3 March 2024

Lent - Day Seventeen

Guernica, by Pablo Picasso, Prado. Madrid.
"Instead of bronze I will bring you gold, and silver in place of iron. Instead of wood I will bring you bronze, and iron in place of stones. I will make peace your governor and well-being your ruler." Isaiah 60 verse 17

This is 'the upgrade'.  We are not going for 'get by' theology.  Nothing but 'the best'.  Peace and well-being will rule over us.  Surely this far more important that riches and wealth.  We know that physical realities are important, they are nothing to the spiritual certainty and security that will never rust, or deteriorate.

Question:  What is most valuable to me?  Is it made of theological silver and gold?
Prayer:  May peace and well-being rule over me as I worship you.




No comments:

Post a Comment