Tuesday 23 March 2021

Lent Thirty One "Get up and Walk"

 

Oum-El-Dounia  by Lara-Baladi, Freer and Sackler Galleries, Smithsonian.

The love of life is necessary to the vigorous prosecution of any undertaking. Dr Johnson, The Rambler, 1750 - 52

The love of life.  I can imagine arriving in heaven and being asked over a first meal, "Well, what did you think?  Was it good?  Was it amazing?  What did you do?"  And how would we answer?  

Proverbs Chapter Nine

‘Wisdom’ has prepared a great banquet.

From within her splendid mansion she invites the simple and meek.

Come and join me, eat and drink.

I have only the best here.

Join me and experience life to the full.

 

Don’t bother correcting the mocker- you will get hurt.

But the wise value correction.  They have their ears open.

 

The core of wisdom is to honour your creator.

Wisdom will bless you.  That is its gift.

 

The paradox of folly is it cannot see itself.

It does not realise that its ways are lies,

And that they will all lead to dead-ends.

PRAYER:  I want to appreciate all I have been given.  Thank you for what you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment